Canon 200-400 Pre-Production Sample Lens Review from Joshua Holko on Vimeo. Joshua Holko got his…
The long wait is over. The first DEFY G2x gimbal is due to ship on February 15th, 2015!
The DEFY G2x gimbal promises to be the lightest, most powerful gimbal in its class. Designed to give filmmakers from all genres the ability to have precisely accurate stability all squeezed into a compact, extremely light and powerful gimbal that DEFY are introducing as the DEFY G2X. This little puppy really packs a punch too, with professional grade features like pre-selected auto tuned modes for different camera weights allowing users to bypass the need for software and calibration. DEFY brilliance also removed the need to use a stand by balancing in an inverted, flat-top configuration to go out of the box and be up and filming in as little as three minutes flat. Don’t believe it? Test it for yourself. The auto sensing IMU allows users to choose the orientation of the gimbal (inverted or upright) for better ergonomics and camera positioning allowing human users to film for hours, robots indefinitely. The G2x carries lightweight mirrorless cameras such as my A7s or a GH4 and common small size DSLRs.
The outstanding features of the DEFY G2x are:
- Holds camera and lens combinations up to 3.5lbs
- Built in stand for ability to balance in 3 minutes
- Pre-selected auto tuned mode selections
- Dual IMU sensors for auto sensing camera orientation
- Extremely compact and lightweight at only 4.5lbs
- Simple and elegant design to hide wires and allow easy adjustment
- Technical Support via phone / email
What’s in the box:
- DEFY G2x
- Battery (Quantity 2)
- Battery Charging Station
- Ships in custom box with foam
**Shipping begins Feb 13th
Optional Extra MUST HAVE Goodies!
For this hybrid storyteller, there is another real nice $300 option to consider. I HATE having to carry external batteries, or have lots of cords hanging all about as I use an external monitor. I am hoping DEFY will allow me to power my accessories with Ptap / Dtap connection via 14.8v batteries inside the 22mm carbon fiber tubes of their power bar. Such a sweet deal to power both an Atomos Shogun and the Sony A7S too!
OPTIONAL DEFY POWER BAR Features
- Compatible with the DEFY G5 and DEFY G12 – How about the G2x as well please?
- Integrated on/off switch and LED indicators
- 8hr average operating time using Atomos Samari Blade – Shogun will be shorter.
- 14hr average operating time using Redrock MicroRemote
- 10hr average operating time using HD video transmission (Teradek / Paralinx)
- Charging cable included (compatible with DEFY Battery Charger)
- $300 with cables included.
Then we have another $200 must own accessory option in the throttle pan-tilt joystick controller.
The DEFY Throttle Pan/Tilt is the perfect accessory for full single operation with pan and tilt control at the comfort of your thumb. The Throttle offers ready, plug and play operation on all DEFY gimbals, including the new DEFY G2x. Its a simple plug and play joystick with no calibration or setup needed.
- Pre-selected auto tuned mode selections
- Built in 32bit controller board
- Dual IMU sensors
- Bluetooth Module
- Throttle controller connection
- Wireless Radio connection
- Built in stand via inverted orientation for balancing
- DEFY G2x Gimbal Weight: 4.5lbs
- DEFY G2x Gimbal load capacity: 3.5lbs
- Operating Temperature: 10°F ~ 110°F
- Accuracy of pan / tilt: .02°
POWER AND BATTERY:
- Powered by 4cell Lithium polymer 2250mAh 14.8v
- Smart Charger via 110V wall outlet (accurate and fast charge)
- Operational Time per Battery: 120 minutes (2 batteries included)
- 32bit US Manufactured Controller Board
- Mini-USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Port for Throttle Pan/Tilt Controller (sold separately)
- Port for Radio Pan/Tilt Controller (sold separately)
- Black Magic Pocket Cinema
- Panasonic GH2, GH3, and GH4
- Sony NEX Series, A7S, A6000
- Canon 5D / 7D w/ 16-35 L series, 24-105 L series and lighter
- Nikon D800 w/ lens combos under 3.5 lbs
- this list is not all inclusive… cameras are added as we test and approve for use on the G2x
$1,995.00 and available today for order here. And please tell them Chuck Jones sent you! http://defywithus.com/cart
PLEASE RATE THIS STORY!