German Places: Ruegen 2014 from Bettina + Uwe Steinmueller on Vimeo. We hoped the Sony…
When we visit places and towns we (Bettina and I) want to have a very compact yet comprehensive gear set with us. Finding the right bag is always a challenge. Here are some criteria for us:
- We need to carry two sets of mirrorless cameras (video and stills) with a focal range from about 24-28mm to 200-300mm
- Easy to cary all day long
- Safe in crowded cities with pocket thieves (try Barcelona :-))
- Switching gear without putting down the bag
- Have also all the needed accessories with us
We have now found a solution that fits our bill 100%: Think Tank Photo TurnStyle 20.
We used it and exactly the gear listed below for our entire Rügen trip last week. Here is a list of items we had in the bag (remeber this is the gear for two people):
- Sony RX10 for video and stills
- Fuji X-T1 with 18-55mm and 55-200mm zooms for stills (optional an Olympus E-M1 or Panasonic GH3 with 12-35 and 35-100mm zooms)
- Sony RX100 as backup
- Car navigation system (4″ screen)
- Spare batteries for both main cameras
- iPad Mini (would also fit our iPad Air)
Why is it safe? Because we can carry it on the back (ideal) or on the front if we need extra attention to the gear.
We will also try to limit our gear in the future so that it fits into the TurnStyle 20. This solution has proven itself during our trip and we don’t have any complaints.
Often we carry one extra item: a video monopod (to be featured soon).
This Story Syndicated From: OutbackPhoto.Com
PLEASE RATE THIS STORY! (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
- Sony RX10 Hybrid Production
- Sony RX10: Best Entry Level Camera For Video Hybrid Storytelling?
I've been watching with keen interest the latest round of reviews on what is the…
- Panasonic FZ1000 Slow Motion Tests
Panasonic FZ1000 SloMo Tests from Bettina + Uwe Steinmueller on Vimeo. The Panasonic FZ1000 is…